Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Know, I Know. It was just a TV show.

Today I received the neatest books in the mail--3 different planners that I will be reviewing soon.  One was for me, and there were two different versions for the boys.  I am not a planner, or an organizer, so I was a little curious to see what all was included before I jump in with both feet (or at least one, anyway).

There are the standard pages for school work and chores, but the versions that the boys have had two pages called "All About Me", and there was space devoted to answering the following questions:

My best friends
My favorite music 
 and books
 movies
 days
 places
 sayings
 verses
 teams
 colors
 animals

And then there were two pages called "The Future 'Me' I want to Be", with categories like:

Books I want to read
Places I want to go
Topics I want to investigate
Things I want to do
Talents I want to develop
People I want to meet
Random acts of kindness I want to bestow
Adventures I want to have
Things I want to learn

I LOVE this, and hope to get all three boys to tell me their answers to these questions soon.  However, I noticed that the planner for me did not have pages like this.  I guess the writers figured moms would be too busy or tired to think about these things, or maybe get depressed over the reality that most days/weeks/years seem to be an endless cycle of cleaning, cooking, teaching and basic survival.

I'm going to think about it, and just might come up with some answers of my own.


We shall see.


Right now, though, I am off to get the clothes out of the dryer before they get too wrinkled, and the dirty dishes cleaned so the roaches won't sneak in during the night to carry them away.  That whole 'talents I want to develop' question?  Being able to twitch my nose like Samantha on Bewitched and have everything just fall into place.  How her husband could not appreciate that is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment