Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Probably Not What Queen Had In Mind (but I like it)

I have always loved puppet shows.  It seems like most of the churches I have been a part of have incorporated them in some way.  The itty-bitty church I grew up in even had them.  I can still see the exact movements of the blue headed and the bald headed puppets as they sang "Excuses, Excuses, you hear them everyday...".  My church now doesn't have them in 'big church', but they were definitely the highlight with my boys when they were in preschool.

I have noticed this particular puppet presentation on Facebook for a couple of weeks now, but just watched it for the first time this morning.  Wow--puppet shows sure have changed.  I can't even imagine Mrs. Nance, the 80-something year old puppet director at one of my churches, even for one minute considering allowing 'her puppets' to perform something like this.  But, it sure did make me smile this morning.

Bethlehemian Rhapsody
Bethlehemian Rhapsody
Now, I'm thinking about the power of music to encourage and change funky attitudes.  So, in my continuing effort to clear out my CD collection, I am giving away a couple of CDs today.  Today's giveaways are A Christmas Reunion and Christmas Dance Hits (like a techno-remix of Christmas classics).  If you would like either of them (and live in the continental US), just leave a comment telling which CD you would like, as well as your favorite happy song--that song that always makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment