Friday, August 19, 2011

I still like the Walkman, and I don't text, either.



Today's blog question:  Do I prefer paper books, or e-readers?

I have pretty much fought the whole e-reader genre from the beginning.  I had no desire to even try it out, even after my husband got an iPad and free book apps.  Then, we were travelling in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, and I gave it a try.  I have to admit, it did not take long for me to see the appeal of it all.  The cost.  The portability.  The lighted night time reading.  I finished a couple of his books that way, and have even reviewed a couple of more since then that were free.


That being said, nothing quite beats the feel of an actual, paper book.  Being able to see how much I've read and how far there is left to go.  I think I'm able to enjoy and process it better that way.  I don't foresee that changing anytime soon.

I guess I'm just stuck in the old 80s technological era.  I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment